In August 2016, the National Conference of State Legislatures released a report entitled No Time to Lose: How to Build a World-Class Education System State by State.
This report was prepared over 18 months via a bipartisan group of 28 veteran legislators and legislative staff, along with several partners from the private sector.
Per the Executive Summary, the following steps were suggestions that state policymakers could immediately take, to help turn around our education system:
- Build an inclusive team & set priorities.
- Study and learn from top performers.
- Create a shared statewide vision.
- Benchmark policies.
- Get started on one piece.
- Work through "messiness."
- Invest the time.
Click here to read the full Executive Summary.
Click here to read the full report.
We must begin now. There's no time to lose.