2012-2013 RIF & Transfer Procedures
- On or before March 1,the Superintendent notifies employees of their being recommended for transfer and subsequent assignment. The Superintendent may include a statement of the reasons for the proposed transfer in his initial notice. You may then immediately request a hearing.
- A hearing before a county board on a proposed transfer must occur on or before April 15. The Superintendent must present the reasons for the proposed transfer at this hearing.
- On or before April 15, the Superintendent shall provide the Board a list of all personnel proposed for transfer and subsequent assignment for the next school year. If approved by the Board, those recommended for transfer and the reasons shall be included in the Board minutes and notification of such shall be sent to the transferred employee within ten days of said meeting by certified mail, return receipt requested.
- RIF HEARINGS - The continuing contract of any teacher shall remain in full force and effect except as modified by mutual consent of the school board and the teacher, unless and until terminated by a majority vote of the full membership of the board before March 1 of the then current year, after written notice, served upon the teacher, return receipt requested, stating cause or causes, and an opportunity to be heard at a meeting of the board prior to the board’s action thereon.
- PROBATIONARY PERSONNEL (non rehiring) – The Superintendent shall provide to the board, in writing on or before April 15 of each year, a list of all probationary teachers that are recommended to be hired for the next school year. Any such probationary teacher who is not rehired by the board at that meeting (on or before April 15) shall be notified in writing, via certified mail, within ten days following the board meeting. Any non-rehired teacher has ten days to request a statement of the reasons for not being rehired and may request a hearing before the board. The hearing shall be held at the next regularly scheduled meeting or a special meeting. At the hearing the reasons for the non-rehire must be presented.